FireFox 4.0 support

Apr 20, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Hi,

I know that FireFox 4.0 has just been released.  We are in the process of rolling out SharePoint 2010 over the next couple of months and I wondered if you were working on updating the code to support the newly released version.

The issue we are experiencing is as follows:

When clicking on a document, the pop-up appears giving the option for Read Only or Check Out and Edit.

Read Only works as expected (Users can then check the document out in Microsoft Word).

Check Out and Edit causes the system to hang with the following pop-up message.

• The document could not be checked out. You may not have permission to check out the document or it is already checked out or locked for editing by another user.
  • It then takes a minute before the user can click ok to the error message
  • The document is not checked out.

SharePoint 2010 RTM
Office 2007 - Word 2007
FireFox 4.0.1

If you have any further questions or need us to go through further tests, please let me know.

Kind Regards

Giles

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I've run into the same problem attempting to use the plugin with both Firefox 4 and 5.  It's working fine on 3.6.

Additionally, if I use JavaScript to invoke any of the other plugin methods that pop up a dialog (eg EditDocument) then I get the same hang followed by a broken plugin icon saying that npOpenDocuments has crashed.  Here's a link to the crash report in case it is any help to anyone in fixing this:  https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-7ee53b74-4983-4a58-a9d4-d3bf72110624.  Note that the dialog appears to be being displayed by thread 7 but the crashing thread appears to be blocking the message pump - maybe this is the cause?

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Sorry for the long inconvenience.

I fixed the problem and it should work on newer versions of Firefox.